For those of you in Southern California that deal in late model Mustangs mod shops many of you
probably have met or heard of Joe Gosinski owner of Chicane Motorsports in Torrance. I
met Joe a few times and what impressed me about Joe was his passion and I mean passion
for American Muscle....Mustangs. Joe was very good at his craft and it showed. His shop
was cleaner than most hospitals and he was always working on something new that would
improve the performance of your Mustang.
The first time I met Joe was in 2008 at the Fabulous Fords Forever Show in Southern California
the next time we chatted was at a Mustang show and cruise that Joe organized , me and two of my Mustang buddies drove up from San Diego to his shop (Chicane Motorsports) in Torrance, CA.
We arrived early that morning before the vast majority of Mustang owners had returned from the
cruise, before we knew the street was filled with Mustangs and they kept coming. From the old
school classic '65 Mustangs up to the current Super Snake filled the street on in front of Chicane
Motorsports. If you were a Mustang lover you had a smile on your face that day Mustang owners
from SoCal showed up in large numbers for Joe's event. It's safe to say there were probably a few
hundred Mustangs in attendance that day. I attend several car shows a year and that was one of
the best I had attended; a reflection of Joe and his attention to detail.
I received a phone call today that Joe had been found murdered in his shop in Torrance, I thought
this must be a rumor gone bad but it wasn't. I thought maybe I was dreaming but I wasn't. I thought
it was an early April Fools joke but it wasn't. I thought Joe must be in the hospital recovering but
he wasn't.
Another talented person has left us too soon. We will not get a chance to hear that sax solo again.
We will not get to see that great open field tackle again. We will not get a chance to hear the next
album they were producing.
Joe Gosinski's life has been taken for reasons that are foreign to me. There are many foreign places
that I want to visit but this is not one of them.
The Mustang world, friends and family have lost a good one but I'm sure the chariots in heaven
just found a great tech.
Joe Gosinski our prayers are with you, your friends and family.
Do you have a story about Joe Gosinski please share it with us?
BANGASTANG.com
Preview of Bella Italia Video
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment